Steward Insurance Plans
Steward Health Choice
Health Choice is Steward Health Care’s managed risk platform, which covers 534,000 lives in Arizona and Utah. Since Health Choice was established in 1990, it has significantly grown its core managed Medicaid plan membership, while building a robust provider network. Today, the diverse and growing Health Choice risk platform is comprised of health insurance plans, a management services organization (Managed Services), and accountable care networks that are enabled by our integrated care model. Health Choice is at the core of Steward’s goal to integrate patient, provider, and payer components of the health care industry under one banner to deliver the best possible care in the communities where patients live. Health Choice’s insurance products help patients capture the benefits of Steward’s affordable, high quality health care.
Steward Community Health Plans
Steward Health Care partnered with two Massachusetts health plans to create Steward Community Health Plans, which are community hospital network insurance products that dramatically reduce health insurance costs for businesses.
By providing care in physicians’ offices and community hospitals, Steward Community Health Plans can be priced up to 15 to 35 percent below current market rates while still providing members with a benefit option that is comparable to the design of other plans. Steward Community Health Plans are offered to employers in Massachusetts.
Features of Steward Community Health Plans include:
- Comprehensive coverage
- No co-insurance
- $15 to $25 co-payment for most physician office visits
- Clinically appropriate care delivered by Steward hospitals and physicians
- Health care services that cannot be delivered within the Steward network are delivered by Massachusetts General Hospital and Brigham and Women’s Hospital
- Pediatric care provided by Steward Health Care Network pediatricians and the Partners HealthCare pediatric network, Affiliated Pediatric Providers (APP)
- Premiums average 30 percent less than statewide HMO network products